When you first begin to meditate, you might do it once in a while. Once you make meditation a daily part of your life, you will see much more benefits. The great thing about meditation is that the benefits are cumulative. Here are some ways to be consistent with meditation:
1. Practice daily. Try to meditate every day even if it is for 5 minutes. In order to experience the benefits of meditation you need to do it every day.
2. Meditate in the morning. When you meditate in the morning, it will help you have a successful and productive day. You also don’t have the excuse when you come home at the end of the day that you are too tired to meditate.
3. Make meditation fun. Meditation should not turn into a chore. Find ways to make it fun and interesting.
4. Meditate in a group. When you meditate with someone else or a group it will inspire you to keep practicing.
5. Try different techniques. If your meditation is becoming stale, it might be a good time to look at different meditation techniques that will help re-energize your practice.
6. Read spiritual books. Reading spiritual books before you meditate can help you get in the right frame of mind for meditation.