If you plan to live a happy and healthy life, you need to nurture your body, mind and spirit. If you neglect these three things, you will suffer negative consequences such as unhappiness and depression. As you start to take better care of yourself you will find that you have greater energy, feel more relaxed and enjoy life much more. Here are 7 ways to nurture your inner self:
1. Send loving messages to yourself. Tell yourself, “I love you and appreciate who you are.”
2. Take good care of yourself. Eat right and get plenty of rest, sleep, fresh air and exercise. Keep yourself healthy and fit.
3. Do nice things for yourself. Get into the habit of doing special things for yourself.
4. Set healthy boundaries with others. Let people know what you want and don’t want. Tell them what’s okay for you and what’s not.
5. Become your own advocate. If someone is disrespectful or hurtful to you, speak up. Tell them you don’t want to be spoken to that way.
6. Believe in yourself. Become your strongest supporter, coach and cheerleader.
7. Be compassionate with yourself. Have compassion for your humanity and your flaws. You’re human and you’re going to make mistakes. Look at yourself through the eyes of a loving parent; don’t punish or criticize yourself. Reassure yourself. Comfort yourself. Accept yourself unconditionally.