Happiness is a state of mind that you can cultivate. Here are 5 ways to turn on your happiness way up:
1. Find a Happiness Buddy: The more you and your buddy practice choosing happiness, the more it becomes ingrained in your neural pathways.
2. Stop Worrying and Go to Gratitude: here is a simple antidote to worry, and that is gratitude. At the first sign of worry, list off and recreate in your mind three things that you are grateful for in your life.
3. The Power of Perspective: There is great power, presence and aliveness in noticing the present moment and how you are feeling right now. By becoming the “watcher” of your emotions, rather than the brunt of them, you can decide, even in tough situations, the perspective you choose to adopt/transmit.
4. Celebrate the Little Things: Every day is a new chance to notice, honor and savor the little things in life.
5. Transmit Your Happiness to Others: When you are transmitting waves of happiness, these ripple out and influence others more than you know. Think of yourself as a catalyst of positivity for those around you.